Re: www/firefox insists on being "mobile"?

On 23 Jul 2015, at 12:44, Paul Goyette <paul%vps1.whooppee.com@localhost> wrote:

> I've rebuilt firefox a number of times (along with all dependant packages), and I'm seeing something rather annoying...
>
> If I enter the url "http://finance.yahoo.com"; it insists on sending me to a redirect site

> So, any suggestions?

Is this a server-side issue ?  I would check the browser ident string being sent from each version of Firefox, and spoof the NetBSD version to match exactly what the Windows one sends: my suspicion is that Yahoo does both browser and platform matching, and when it doesn’t see Mac or Windows defaults to mobile.

HTH,
—
Ian Spray
GPG Fingerprint: D170 35A3 C858 6E85 9B5B  1557 4CD5 6F6F E176 2D0A