Re: Moving pkgsrc-wip away from SourceForge

On Sun, Jul 05, 2015 at 04:10:14AM -0700, John Nemeth wrote:
>      I'm with Martin on this one.  Unless the project is really
> important to me, if you make me jump through hoops to give you a
> simple patch, I'm not going to bother.  If projects want drive-by
> contributions, they have to make it really simple.

A point could be made that using github WOULD actually be doing this:
my suspicion is that many more people are familiar with that
particular process than with cvs/svn.

Given that pkgsrc-wip is exactly that, a way to get people involved
with pkgsrc with a very low threshold, the popularity of github is
actually a legitimate argument here (I'm of course not talking about
pkgsrc itself, which is a whole different kettle of fish).

best,

  Jaap