Re: How bypass DISTFILES

"Francisco Valladolid H." <ficovh%gmail.com@localhost> writes:

> How can say to pkgsrc that bypass the 'distfiles' check and go
> directly to master site ?
>
> I have problems compiling git from pkgsrc -current, git-2.3.0 don't
> exists in the distfiles repository in the NetBSD ftp.

There are multiple separate issues and I'm not sure which one you have
having.

1) One is that some versions of netbsd's builtin ftp do not support https,
and thus fetching fails.  You can set FETCH_USING=curl in mk.conf in
this case.

2) Sometimes the upstream place doesn't have the file, but it should try
that first and use MASTER_SITES_BACKUP last.

3) somtimes the distfile is ok but has a different checksum.  Sometimes
this is because the checksum is wrong, and sometimes because upstream
made a new file with the same name and different contents (which is bad,
but it happens).

So you can delete /usr/pkgsrc/distfiles/git* to start over, and see
which problem you have.  You can also download it manually and put it in
/usr/pkgsrc/distfiles; there's nothing magic about how the file gets
there.

In my case I get

=> Fetching git-2.3.0.tar.xz
=> Total size: 3608648 bytes
Trying 2001:4f8:1:10:0:1991:8:25:443 ...
Requesting https://www.kernel.org/pub/software/scm/git/git-2.3.0.tar.xz
3608648 bytes retrieved in 00:10 (340.41 KiB/s)
=> Checksum SHA1 OK for git-2.3.0.tar.xz
=> Checksum RMD160 OK for git-2.3.0.tar.xz

which all looks ok.