Re: pcre-ocaml buildlink problems

On Tuesday 07 October 2014 13:20:47 Jaap Boender wrote:
> On Tuesday 07 October 2014 13:54:28 Thomas Klausner wrote:
> I was thinking along similar lines, but this particular addition doesn't
> seem to solve the problem. What's the best way to debug/investigate this?
> As I said, the lib/ocaml directory does occur in the .buildlink directory
> - does the linker somehow block directories it doesn't know?

OK, I think I've found what's going wrong - but where and how to solve this is
another matter entirely...

The wrapper logs show that gcc is first called with -lpcre_stubs BEFORE
/usr/pkg/lib/ocaml/libasmrun.a in the list of arguments. However, somewhere
along the line, this order gets changed around and in the final gcc call, -
lpcre_stubs ends up AFTER /usr/pkg/lib/ocaml/libasmrun.a.

If I run the generated command line (i.e. with -lpcre_stubs after), the error
occurs; if I switch the two around and run that line, there is no error.

Now, just to save myself time in delving into buildlink intricacies: is this a
bug? In buildlink? gcc? OCaml? If not, is there a way to stop this reordering?

Also, I suppose that /usr/pkg/lib/ocaml/libasmrun.a should be replaced by its
buildlinked equivalent, but that doesn't seem to happen (I've still got the
PASSTHRU_DIRS added to the ocaml buildlink file).

  Jaap
--
"Then I'll tell the truth. We're allowed to do that in emergencies."