Re: startx doesn't start: can't find screens

I've looked through relevant files: /etc/ttys, /usr/pkg/etc/X11/xorg.conf,
directory /usr/pkg/etc/xdm
and couldn't find anything different in the older ones that ran or pretended to
run.

I can only assume something is broken in the current pkgsrc implementation of
modular-xorg-server.

I've tried to fix the problem, but just an exercise in frustration.

I wonder about the effect of xdm-related files in
/usr/pkg/etc/xdm    and
/usr/pkg/lib/X11/xdm

when I don't use xdm; have never succeeded starting xdm in NetBSD from command
line or /etc/rc.conf .

Tom