Re: Xfce desktop

On Wed, 25 Jun 2014 14:21:08 +0200
ff%freddyfisker.dk@localhost wrote:

> Hi
>
> When does the Xfce desktop get updated to version 4.8 or higher?
>
> Best regards
> Freddy

There is one person who as tried to fix Xfce 4.10 with pkgsrc.
You can find his work at github.com/NetBSDfr/xfce4 .
I tried this some time ago and got it to work except that it did not
display icons correctly. It does install xfce4 packages from the main
pkgsrc causing conflicts. I have forked the above mentioned repo and
tried to fix the buildlink files so that they don't install xfce4
packages from the main tree. You can find that repo at
github.com/niclasr/xfce4 .
If someone can fix the icon problem I guess it is almost finished.

Best regards
Niclas