Re: What happens if I mix pkgin binaries with pkgsrc-current?

On 20 May 2014 14:31, Greg Troxel <gdt%ir.bbn.com@localhost> wrote:
> pkgin seems to have trouble when packages are installed that are not in
> its database of available packages.    I have tried to address this
> (perhaps successfully) by creating a local summary file
>
>   pkgsum () { (cd /usr/pkgsrc/packages/All && pkg_info -X *gz | bzip2 >
> pkg_summary.bz2) }
>
> and then putting that in pkgin.conf (first, which is important):
>
>   # file:///usr/pkgsrc/packages/All
>   file:///usr/pkgsrc/packages/All
>
>   # NetBSD OS release can look like 6.0_STABLE, do not use it as-is
>   ftp://ftp.netbsd.org/pub/pkgsrc/packages/NetBSD/$arch/6.1/All

Eventually this wasn't necessary. I've now installed FF 20 from
-current and all installed packages are visible by pkgin. I had to
manually uninstall a couple of dependencies (sqlite and pulseaudio) to
make it work but the result is acceptable.

--
Ottavio