RE: [n.o] Problem with pkgin on NetBSD/amd64 6.1.4

The installations are working much better after replacing the defaultroute
rc.conf entry that a co-worker removed :-)

Thank you Ottavio and Emile for your assistance in pointing me down the
right path.

WRT the statement 'The package is present in repository, but pkgin expects
perl5 not perl-5.'

How would I know what pkgin expects for a package name if I do not use the
output from "pkgin avail" which lists the specific version as:

        perl-5.18.2nb1       Practical Extraction and Report Language

Is there another command that lists a base package name above the version
specific packages listed?

Scott

--
Ottavio