Re: [n.o] Problem with pkgin on NetBSD/amd64 6.1.4

Hi Scott

After installing I added the pkgin option with the downloaded inventory of
packages. This all went smoothly.

So I assume `pkgin up` is ok

Now I am attempting to install:

        perl-5.18.2nb1

which is reported as available via:

        new103# pkgin avail | grep -i 'perl-5'
        perl-5.18.2nb1       Practical Extraction and Report Language

So it is listed in the pkg_summary file

But when I attempt to install I receive:

        new103# pkgin install perl-5.18.2nb1
        calculating dependencies... done.

        nothing to upgrade.
        1 packages to be installed: perl-5.18.2nb1 (16M to download, 60M to
install)

        proceed ? [Y/n] downloading packages...
        perl-5.18.2nb1 is not available on the repository

So the package is not really present in the repository

        proceed ? [y/N] y
        installing packages...
        pkg_install warnings: 0, errors: 0

It would appear it can find the package, and see it is a 16MB download but
it then indicates it is not in the repository.

Could you send the address of the repository you're using? It's the one listed
in ${PREFIX}/etc/pkgin/repositories.conf

Thanks

Emile `iMil' Heitor .°. <imil@{home.imil.net,NetBSD.org,gcu.info}>
                                                                _