Request to update libburn and to package Xfburn

Hi,

i am the upstream author of libburn.
My only NetBSD user pointed me to this list after i told him that
i could not get into contact with ryoon+AT+NetBSD.org, the maintainer
mentioned at http://pkgsrc.se/wip/libburn .

I want to ask for update of packages of libburn, libisofs, and
libisoburn. My NetBSD user (ff at freddyfisker dot dk) could need
a pkgsrc package of Xfburn, a xfce GUI program that uses libburn
and libisofs.

Up to release 1.3.4, libburn on NetBSD was not able to burn any
optical media, which open(2) and write(2) could not burn too (if
the kernel supports DVD+RW, DVD-RAM, or BD-RE at all).

But the current release libburn-1.3.6.pl01 contains code which
on NetBSD operates CD/DVD/BD drives by SCSI transactions via
ioctl(SCIOCCOMMAND). So NetBSD is fully supported now, like
Linux, FreeBSD, and Solaris.

I reported success, technical details, and command line test cases in
  http://mail-index.netbsd.org/netbsd-users/2014/02/12/msg014087.html
This talks of pre-release tarballs, which are outdated meanwhile.
Please use the current release tarballs instead:

  http://files.libburnia-project.org/releases/libburn-1.3.6.pl01.tar.gz
  http://files.libburnia-project.org/releases/libisofs-1.3.6.tar.gz
  http://files.libburnia-project.org/releases/libisoburn-1.3.6.pl01.tar.gz

Further we hacked our way to get GUI program xfburn-0.4.2 built from
source and ready to burn CD, DVD and BD media:
  http://mail-index.netbsd.org/netbsd-users/2014/02/22/msg014184.html
Regrettably the result still lacks of proper xfce integration.

The coarse capability to burn Blu-ray media, which we added during the
hack, meanwhile has been refined and augmented by the author of Xfburn
and is released with xfburn-0.5.2.

I understand that OpenBSD uses the same ioctl(SCIOCCOMMAND) as NetBSD.
Not having any test user, i did not enable it for OpenBSD yet.

Interested users could try the NetBSD system adapter of libburn by
appending "-DLibburn_use_sg_netbsD" to the environment variable CFLAGS
before the run of ./configure. E.g. in bash:
  export CFLAGS="$CFLAGS -DLibburn_use_sg_netbsD"

Have a nice day :)

Thomas