Re: Making a localized, educational live-usb version of Netbsd? Possible, and is worth it?

Ottavio Caruso <ottavio2006-usenet2012%yahoo.com@localhost> writes:

> On 4 April 2014 21:13, Aleksej Saushev <asau%inbox.ru@localhost> wrote:
>>> 2) Can I start for an existing Netbsd-based live distro? Apparently
>>> I've been told it's not a good idea.
>>
>> Sorry? It looks like a misinterpretation, since I didn't see this.
>> In fact, I'd say that it would be great to try it out.
>
> Then I misunderstood what you wrote here:
> http://mail-index.netbsd.org/netbsd-users/2014/03/27/msg014342.html
>
> I thought you meant it wasn't a good starting point. But I see you
> have a project going on, so I'm looking forward to give a look at it
> when it's ready.

Alright, let me clarify that then.

Yes, assembling the disk is certainly possible. In fact, it would be
nice to have the project completed even if it isn't used by original
intended users afterwards.

Still it is a little involved on technical side. You have to learn some
things that may be unknown to you (if you call yourself a "newbie"),
and you certainly have to put some nontrivial amount of work into your
product. It is not a project for an evening.

No, previous LiveCD projects are not useful as starting points.
In fact, LiveCD is wrong approach to the problem in the modern time.

--
HE CE3OH...