Re: Broken system after "pkgin full-upgrade"

Trying to add some of my observations to this thread.

I've also recently played with pkgin on and older version of NetBSD and noticed
some similar problems.  One thing I did see is if the upgrade involves a lot of
packages pkgin will calculate the amount of space it needs in /var and reject
the operation if there isn't enough space.  However it doesn't calculate, or
probably even know, how much additional space will be required once it starts
the upgrade.  So if your /var space is just barely large enough to contain the
packages that will be downloaded you may run into space problems once it starts
the upgrade.  I suspect that at this point bad things start happening and some
of the upgrades won't get done correctly leaving the system in an indeterminate
state.