Re: libreoffice rpath(?) issues

Hi,

From: Jaap Boender <jaapb%kerguelen.org@localhost>, Date: Thu, 26 Sep 2013
20:53:21 +0100

> Hi all,
>
> After a work-related hiatus, I've started finishing up the libreoffice 4
> package. It compiles without problems now, but when I try to make install, I
> get a lot of errors of the following sort:
> ERROR: libreoffice-4.1.1.2/lib/libreoffice/ure/lib/uuresolver.uno.so: missing
> library: libuno_sal.so.3
>
> In the libreoffice 3 package Makefile, there's a note to the effect that
> -rpath-link doesn't work with pkgsrc wrappers, and WRAPPER_SKIP_TRANSFORM
> is set. I've kept this option in the new Makefile, but it doesn't solve the
> problem (and yes, lo4 still uses -rpath-link).
>
> I'm able to run the program from the work directory and the destdir, so my
> guess is that this is more a problem of a test not doing the right thing than
> the program actually missing libraries, but I don't know enough about the
> internals of libreoffice to be sure about this.
>
> ldd does note that the mentioned libraries are 'not found', but given that
> I'm
> doing this test in the destdir before installation, I'm not sure how accurate
> that result is.
>
> Anyway, can anyone with more knowledge of pkgsrc internals give me some
> ideas on how to solve/debug this problem? I'm kind of lost at the moment...

Have you tried pkgsrc/wip/libreoffice4-4.1.1.2?
It has CHECK_SHLIBS_SUPPORTED=no line and shared library check is
disabled, because soffice shell script has LD_LIBRARY_PATH and
I feel shared library check does not make sense.

--
Ryo ONODERA // ryo_on%yk.rim.or.jp@localhost
PGP fingerprint = 82A2 DC91 76E0 A10A 8ABB  FD1B F404 27FA C7D1 15F3