Re: firefox on Solaris/SunOS

From: Jonathan Perkin <>, Date: Sat, 21 Sep 2013
22:32:05 +0100

> * On 2013-09-21 at 22:27 BST, Ryo ONODERA wrote:
>> I have committed the patch for firefox on Solaris/SunOS.
>> Mainly following commit.
>> (sadly this commit has wrong distfiles, be sure to use pkgsrc HEAD).
>> Could anyone confirm the functionality of www/firefox on Solaris/SunOS?
> The package is non-functional, but has been ever since I got it
> building a while back.  It dies early in startup in memory allocation.
> Thank you for keeping it building!  It makes it much easier to
> continue debugging.

My patch has madvice(3)/posix_madvise(3) section in patch-mfbt_Poison.cpp.
It may do bas things...
Anyway, PKG_OPTIONS.firefox+=debug in mk.conf and gdb are useful on debugging.
It helps me many times.

>> My OmniOS test environment has some problems for firefox dependency
>> packages, and I canot build firefox on OmniOS yet.
> If you build with PREFER_PKGSRC=yes you can just copy the binary
> packages over from SmartOS, that's how I build the generic illumos
> binaries.

Thank you.
But for effective debugging, I must create local build environment.
I will try to fix some problems.

PGP fingerprint = 82A2 DC91 76E0 A10A 8ABB  FD1B F404 27FA C7D1 15F3