Re: firefox on Solaris/SunOS

* On 2013-09-21 at 22:27 BST, Ryo ONODERA wrote:

> I have committed the patch for firefox on Solaris/SunOS.
> Mainly following commit.
> http://mail-index.netbsd.org/pkgsrc-changes/2013/09/21/msg095530.html
> (sadly this commit has wrong distfiles, be sure to use pkgsrc HEAD).
>
> Could anyone confirm the functionality of www/firefox on Solaris/SunOS?

The package is non-functional, but has been ever since I got it
building a while back.  It dies early in startup in memory allocation.

Thank you for keeping it building!  It makes it much easier to
continue debugging.

> My OmniOS test environment has some problems for firefox dependency
> packages, and I canot build firefox on OmniOS yet.

If you build with PREFER_PKGSRC=yes you can just copy the binary
packages over from SmartOS, that's how I build the generic illumos
binaries.

Cheers,