Re: conflicting PLIST during install

"pkg_admin rebuild" indeed fixed the problem. Thanks!

I don't do parallel builds. Packages are updated usually via
"pkg_chk", once in a while installation of a package is triggered
manually (i.e. "make install" inside the package directory). Both the
source directory and the installation target are mounted via NFS, from
two different servers, though. Source is a ZFS pool of local disks on
my i86 pkgsrc machine, target is a clustered NetApp fileserver.
Especially for the latter, I am pretty sure there are no file system

On Fri, Jun 7, 2013 at 11:34 AM, Thomas Klausner <>
> On Fri, Jun 07, 2013 at 10:08:43AM +0200, Jörn Clausen wrote:
>> ===> Install binary package of libxcb-1.9.1
>> pkg_add: Conflicting PLIST with libxcb-1.9: man/man3/xcb-examples.3
>> pkg_add: 1 package addition failed
>> I have removed all work directories. .../var/db/pkg*/ contains no file
>> that matches *libxcb*, and "pkg_admin check" shows no inconsistencies.
>> And the man-page mentioned above does not even exist. What's going on
>> here?
> It sounds like your pkgdb got corrupted. Did you have any file system
> issues or parallel pkg_add/pkg_deletes?
> "pkg_admin rebuild" should fix it.
>  Thomas

Joern Clausen