Re: pkgin conflict with same package

iMil <imil%home.imil.net@localhost> writes:

> I'm glad you ask, this situation happens for quite some packages, and is due
> to only one thing:
>
> CONFLICTS=      {mysql-server-[0-9]*,mysql3-server-[0-9]*}
>
> This line exists for every MySQL server package, and as pkgin does take
> CONFLICTS into account, it will warn you with that conflict that actually
> matches.
>
> I am really not sure it's pkgin's duty to handle those too-generic CONFLICTS
> values. What do you think?

I think clearly pkgin should handle this.   Two copies of a package can
not nbe installedd at once, so a package (trivially) conflicts with
itself.

It's also true that those CONFLICTS lines are a bit much, but it's easy
to recognize "older version of the same package we are replacing" vs
something else.