Re: lang/openjdk7 build problems

Mayuresh <mayuresh%acm.org@localhost> writes:

> On Fri, Feb 22, 2013 at 08:49:40AM -0500, Greg Troxel wrote:
>>
>> Mayuresh <mayuresh%acm.org@localhost> writes:

>> > Is 6.0_STABLE different from 6.0?
>>
>> 6.0_STABLE is what shows up in uname for systems built from netbsd-6
>> after the 6.0 release tag and before any 6.1{beta,rc} tags.  So it is
>> only slightly different (should be strictly better), and identifies
>> slightly differently.   And it's the same identifier for a set of
>> systems, so in tricky cases the cvs source date can be relevant.
>
> Is there any chance a utility like /bin/tar would have changed between 6.0
> and 6.0_STABLE (tar relates with error message during openjdk7 build)? (Or
> how do I find out the answer. I don't build base from sources myself.)

It's highly unlikely.  You can use cvs to get the diff from netbsd-6 to
the release tag, or read the change notes in src/doc on the netbsd-6
branch.
(Basically, if you care about these sorts of questions, you have to
use cvs.)

> Secondly, on ftp server I see 6.0 and 6.0.1 only. My installation was
> downloaded from 6.0 at ftp://ftp.netbsd.org/pub/NetBSD/ . If indeed, there
> is a problem with tar on my system, what do I download now that will have
> 6.0_STABLE. (I might as well download 6.0.1, though still trying to come
> to terms with difference between 6.0 and 6.0_STABLE - particularly for
> binary downloads from above server.)

I don't think it's likely that your problem is because of a bug in 6.0
that is fixed in 6.0_STABLE tar, but linux emulation could be
different.  Building from source isn't that hard, but 6.1 RCs are here: