Re: trunk is becoming increasingly broke: findutils won't build any longer

Richard PALO <richard.palo%baou.fr@localhost> writes:

> For the particular case of findutils, I needed to comment out what was
> previously suggested for TOOLS_PLATFORM.find as in the following:
>> TOOLS_PLATFORM.install?=        /opt/pkg/bin/install-sh
>> TOOLS_PLATFORM.awk?=            /opt/pkg/bin/nawk
>> TOOLS_PLATFORM.sed?=            /opt/pkg/bin/nbsed
>> TOOLS_PLATFORM.grep?=           ${LOCALBASE}/gnu/bin/grep
>> TOOLS_PLATFORM.fgrep?=          ${LOCALBASE}/gnu/bin/fgrep
>> TOOLS_PLATFORM.egrep?=          ${LOCALBASE}/gnu/bin/egrep
>> TOOLS_PLATFORM.sh?=             /bin/bash
>> TOOLS_PLATFORM.xargs?=          #empty
>> #TOOLS_PLATFORM.find?=          #empty
>>
>> FETCH_USING     = curl
>> FAILOVER_FETCH = YES
>
> (not to mention that I believe pkg_rolling uninstalls the package
> before rebuild, hence already a problem since I didn't mark findutils
> to no-delete)

No, it doesn't do that.  See the man page, but it computes an ordering
of packages based on dependencies (tsort), and then calls 'make replace
clean' on each one in sequence.

(I realize that make replace is trickier on platforms that need a lot of
bootstrap packages.)