Re: scrotwm window manager (new name: spectrwm)

On Wed, Feb 06, 2013 at 03:40:11AM +0400, Aleksej Saushev wrote:
> Lokesh Mandvekar <lsm5%buffalo.edu@localhost> writes:
>
> >     scrotwm (wm/scrotwm) has now changed to spectrwm. I made
> >     the required changes to my own pkgsrc tree for spectrwm (in
> > wm/spectwm). The changes can
> >     be found on my git repo here:
> >     https://github.com/lsm5/pkgsrc.git
> >
> >     If git is a problem, I could probably create and host a cvs version
> >     somewhere or maybe create a tarball of the spectrwm directory.
>
> The lack of stable tarball (that is generated once rather than
> automatically regenerated each time on request) is the main problem.

I'm sorry, do you mean the tarball that gets downloaded (spectrwm-2.1.1.tgz)?
It's working fine for me, could you please let me know the problem you're
facing?

> The next problem is HTTPS (currently, may be fixed soon).

By HTTPS being a problem, is that related to the spectrwm download site ? or
the github link?

If it's the former, does HTTPS pose a problem ? Just curious.

If it's the latter, could you please try this:
git://github.com/lsm5/pkgsrc.git ?

Thank you,

--
Lokesh