Re: nyftp.netbsd.org and ftp.netbsd.org

On Thu, Jan 31, 2013 at 11:31:14AM +0200, Ilmari Vacklin wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> What is the difference between nyftp.netbsd.org and ftp.netbsd.org?
>
> I am asking because I noticed this discrepancy:
>
> nyftp.netbsd.org has tmux-1.7 in
> http://nyftp.netbsd.org/pub/pkgsrc/packages/NetBSD/amd64/6.0/misc/
> ftp.netbsd.org has tmux-1.6 in
> http://ftp.netbsd.org/pub/pkgsrc/packages/NetBSD/amd64/6.0/misc/
>
> What causes this difference?

the x86 pkgsrc builders have direct connection to nyftp.netbsd.org, so
when a pbulk run is complete the resulting packages are uploaded to
nyftp.netbsd.org. Then ftp.netbsd.org periodically rsyncs from
nyftp.netbsd.org (I don't know how often though). So ftp.netbsd.org may
be behind nyftp.netbsd.org by a few hours (maybe up to a day).