[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index][Old Index]
LICENSE of portaudio (Re: [PATCH] audio/portaudio-devel (Re: wip/fldigi has problem on Mac OS X 10.6.8
- To: Greg Troxel <gdt%ir.bbn.com@localhost>
- Subject: LICENSE of portaudio (Re: [PATCH] audio/portaudio-devel (Re: wip/fldigi has problem on Mac OS X 10.6.8
- From: Makoto Fujiwara <makoto%ki.nu@localhost>
- Date: Wed, 09 Jan 2013 00:16:03 +0900
Greg, thanks for the comment,
| From: Greg Troxel <gdt%ir.bbn.com@localhost>
| Subject: Re: [PATCH] audio/portaudio-devel (Re: wip/fldigi has problem on Mac
OS X 10.6.8
> +#LICENSE= # just copyrighted, no limition, See LICENSE.txt
Greg> Copyright (which occurs at creation,
Greg> regardless of notice, in Berne Convention countries) is intrinsically a
I theoretically totally agree on above part as well as that
"copyrighted and no limitation" is the conflicting expression.
Greg> Without permission to copy, one can't (fair use aside).
Greg> So if there is no license granted, we set LICENSE to
Greg> "generic-nonlicense", and then set RESTRICTED, NO_*_ON_*.
But portaudio clearly has LICENSE.txt. And it seems to me,
almost no limitation except:
* The above copyright notice and this permission notice shall be
* included in all copies or substantial portions of the Software.
And it does not match the following line of
- License terms for this package are unclear or missing.
That's why I put some ambiguous #LICENSE= line.
Sorry and Thanks,
Chiba, Japan, Narita Airport and Disneyland prefecture.
Main Index |
Thread Index |