Re: htop installation from package (using pkgin) broken on NetBSD 6.0

On Fri, Dec 07, 2012 at 07:08:05PM +0300, Aleksey Cheusov wrote:
> On Thu, Dec 6, 2012 at 4:23 PM, Bartek Krawczyk
> <bbartlomiej.mail%gmail.com@localhost> wrote:
> > I'm installing everything using pkgin which was set up during NetBSD system
> > installation by the installer.
> >
> > when I did:
> > pkgin install htop
> > i got:
> > calculating dependencies... done.
> > /usr/lib/libmenu.so.5, needed by ncurses-5.9 is not present in this system.
> > /usr/lib/libform.so.5, needed by ncurses-5.9 is not present in this system.
> >
> > nothing to upgrade.
> > 1 packages to be installed: htop-1.0.1 (1302K to download, 6702K to install)
> >
> > the following packages have unmet requirements: ncurses-5.9
> >
> > proceed ? [Y/n] y
> > downloading packages...
> > installing packages...
> > installing htop-1.0.1...
> > pkg_install warnings: 0, errors: 0
> > reading local summary...
> > processing local summary...
> > updating database: 100%
> > marking htop-1.0.1 as non auto-removable
> >
> > Which is really strange since it installs the package even though it can't
> > meet its dependencies. This is the first problem. And after that, running
> > htop fails with:
> >
> > Error opening terminal: xterm.
> >
> > My NetBSD 6.0 has a libmenu.so and libform.so but they're linked to
> > libmenu.so.6 and 6.0 so it seems the real problem is with ncurses package
> > which I suppose was built against NetBSD 5?
>
> No (see below). This is probably a result of /usr/sbin/postinstall-ed tree
> used
> for bulk builds. i386 is also affected. As far as I can see ncurses is
> the only problematic package.
>
> Manuel, Is this your upload?

If I'm involved with this at all, it's via the TNF pkg builders.
I don't know what is on ftp; AFAIK it's a mixture of uploads from different
sources. nyftp would be a better start to have something coherent.

Can you sum up what the problem on the build hosts(s) would be ?
I can't parse the pkg_* outputs you posted.