Re: elinks-0.12pre6 patch : request to update

On Sat, Nov 03, 2012 at 03:44:51PM +0100, Thomas Klausner wrote:
> On Sat, Nov 03, 2012 at 10:46:42AM +0530, Mayuresh wrote:
> > Wonder why spidermonkey is disabled in both legs of an if in options.mk?
>
> Because the package was using lang/see as Javascript engine. However,
> now support for that was removed, and the two spidermonkey packages
> aren't supported either, so elinks is now without javascript support.
>  Thomas

Thanks.

0. I do not seem to know what the constraints are. But as a user it's a
bit disappointing to not get javascript which unnecessarily limits what
you can do using elinks, when upstream has provided the capability. Is it
likely to be supported in future?

There is wip/elinks-libmm which, too, is not compiling.

1. So should javascript option be removed from supported options
altogether i.e. this line:

  4 PKG_SUPPORTED_OPTIONS+= bittorrent nntp javascript finger gopher

2. Also, should these commented lines be removed?

 47 #.if !empty(PKG_OPTIONS:Mjavascript)
 48 #.include "../../lang/spidermonkey/buildlink3.mk"
 49 #CONFIGURE_ARGS+=   --with-spidermonkey
 50 #CONFIGURE_ARGS+=   --enable-sm-scripting
 51 #.else
 52 #CONFIGURE_ARGS+=   --without-spidermonkey
 53 #CONFIGURE_ARGS+=   --disable-sm-scripting
 54 #.endif

Mayuresh