Re: KDE and the compose key

On Tuesday 11 September 2012 12:26:42 Jaap Boender wrote:
> On 9/11/2012 8:14 PM, Thomas Klausner wrote:
> > On Mon, Sep 10, 2012 at 08:47:11AM -0600, Sverre Froyen wrote:
> >> Patching qt4-libs
> >> to enable kqueue eliminates the load. The downsite is that you need to
> >> bump the open files limit from 256 to 3500 or so.

BTW, what is the correct way of increasing the default soft limit for NetBSD
(in my case current)? It is is currenly set to 2048, which is too small for
running KDE with the Qt kqueue patches. I've tried to uncomment the default
login class in /etc/login.conf and set openfiles-cur=4096 -- but that appears
to no effect (I did run cap_mkdb /etc/login.conf). I can work around it by
adding a "ulimit -n 4096" to my .profile but it seems there should be a way to
change the system default.

> > That still sounds like something we should do in pkgsrc -- do you have
> > patches?
>
> I've patched qt (with the patch from
> http://mail-index.netbsd.org/pkgsrc-users/2012/01/19/msg015577.html) and
> kde is compiling now. If it works out and everyone is OK with it, we can
> commit the patch then...

Great. Let me know how it works out.

Regards,
Sverre