Re: in pkgsrc/www/apache24

On 24/08/2012 9:13 PM, Ryo ONODERA wrote:

From: Ian McWilliam <>, Date: Fri, 24 Aug 2012
20:37:10 +1000

From: David Brownlee <>, Date: Thu, 23 Aug 2012 08:56:15

On 23 August 2012 05:06, Ryo ONODERA <> wrote:

I have a plan to update www/apache24 to 2.4.3.
With this update, I will meke --enable-mpms-shared='event prefork
default. Then www/apache24 lacks module at all,
of course exists.

Any objection?

I will update www/apache24 this weekend.
What is the failure mode for someone with an existing mod_cgi using
system - is it easy to determine that you need to switch to cgid?
I am not user of module.
But according to , and has same function.
Perhaps someone who had used can modify LoadModule line

(but in general I'm in favour :)

PGP fingerprint = 82A2 DC91 76E0 A10A 8ABB  FD1B F404 27FA C7D1 15F3

I've used both mod_cgi and mod_cgid under apache 2.2 with no
issues. Didn't even have to change any other configuration lines other
than the change to use the different LoadModule as long as your happy
with the the default location of the socket used by mod_cgid.
Thank you.

Chrooting apache my require further config changes with respect to the
socket directory.
What is the difference between default httpd.conf and your requirement?
I have no plan to modify default httpd.conf,
but I can write it into MESSAGE.

That should have read "Chrooting apache may require ....". I currently don't run in this config so no changes required.

Is there going to be a message about this change when installing
apache 2.4 package?
I will write announcement of retirement in MESSAGE.

Ian McWilliam