local patch for print/xetex?

I'd like to add a local patch to print/xetex to allow compilation on Solaris 10 with GCC 4.7. See

for context.

I changed texlive-20120701-source/libs/icu/icu-49.1/configure using pkgvi, but was surprised that a following "mkpatches" did not produce the desired patch. I diffed the changed and the original file manually and put that result in my local patch repository.

When I tried to rebuild the package from scratch, the patch could not be applied, instead I was asked which file to patch. I was also puzzled that the one patch distributed with the package does not contain a path relative to the base directory but to a directory nested much deeper (texlive-20120701-source/texk/web2c/xetexdir). Even using this as basedirectory for generating the diff didn't help.

How can I add a local patch for this package?

 Jörn Clausen
 Universität Bielefeld