swig update to 1.3.40

I have an update for swig to 1.3.40 (from 1.3.36) ready to go.  This has
not been touched in years.  1.3.37 had a regression, fixed in .38, and I
had asked people to be careful updating due to gnuradio.

At this point I think it's time to update, and sort out whatever needs
sorting, so my plan is to commit an update to 1.3.40 (which was just
version and PLIST changes) soon, and then at some point to update to
2.0.x, which may be harder.

Please speak up if you want to review or test depending packages;
otherwise I'll presume no one particularly cares about this and just
update it.