[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index][Old Index]
Re: libcroco and xz
For example, libcroco package:
1. In libcroco-0.6.so, "NEED liblzma.so.5"
2. liblzma.so.5 is provided by archivers/xz
3. archivers/xz is marked as build dependency for libcroco package
because xzcat from xz is required to extract distfiles.
4. check-slib craims that libcroco package REQUIRES liblzma.so.5,
but it is a part of a build dependency package(xz).
5. "build depend on xz" does not mean "xz package must not exist
runtime of libcroco package", just it is required to build.
6. Actually, dependency chain is libcroco => libxml2 => xz,
so runtime error will never be risen.
7. If xz is not in the dependency chain, 4. is the right alarm, but not.
It means that "it is false alarm!".
8. Your theory is that libcroco require liblzma.so.5,
then libcroco must has full dependency on archivers/xz package.
9. Similarly, libcroco also require libpcre.so.1,
then libcroco must has full dependency on devel/pcre package.
OBATA Akio / obache%NetBSD.org@localhost
Main Index |
Thread Index |