Re: Ruby builds - Sun assembler intolerant of spaces

On Monday, 30. April 2012 at 01:31, Stephen Nelson-Smith wrote:
> my question is - what's the actual fix. Is this something that
> shold be raised with upstream? Is it something which should have a
> pkgsrc patch?

As far as I understand pkgsrc best practices: both.

File a bug (preferably with a patch of course) upstream, but until it is picked
up there (or indefinitely, in case it isn't because upstream may not want to
support the problematic configuration) a pkgsrc patch is a good idea as well –
file a PR and link to the upstream bug report so it's possible to keep track of
it.

Best,
Matthias