Re: rant about KDE

On 03/28/12 19:46, Dave Tyson wrote:
*rant on*

This is definitely NOT directed at NetBSD developers, but rather at the
Linux brained KDE developers who seem to fail to understand the idea of
software usability and continuity.

I stopped using KDE a while ago.  Rather than ranting perhaps you just
need to look at the options.  I am just trying IceWM and am liking it
a lot.  It let's me set up a desktop my way and is quite configurable.
For example, I have six work systems to manage.  When I log in it opens
six windows in a specific workspace and logs into each server running
screen.  Very convenient.  Not sure how I would do that in KDE.

With NetBSD it is easy to install many WMs and go back and forth.  I
plan to try FluxBox and a few others as well.

--
D'Arcy J.M. Cain <darcy%NetBSD.org@localhost>
http://www.NetBSD.org/ IM:darcy%Vex.Net@localhost