Re: CVS commit: pkgsrc

On Tue, Mar 27, 2012 at 10:06:34PM +0200, Matthias Drochner wrote:
 > David Holland <dholland-pkgchanges%netbsd.org@localhost> wrote:
 > > xine-arts still doesn't build, I'm afraid. This is probably the
 > > problem:
 > > configure: WARNING: unrecognized options: --with-arts
 >
 > After a second look at the ChangeLog - it reads:
 > * Remove aRTs output plugin; ALSA's DMix can allow both xine and aRTs
 >   to access the audio device at the same time for Linux, and if other
 >   operating systems lack a proper software mixing facility you can
 >   consider alternative daemons. Note: aRTs will not be present in
 >   KDE 4.
 >
 > So there is the question what would work for NetBSD. If anyone cares.

I have no idea. I guess we could resuscitate the code and build the
plugin as its own package, but even if this works sooner or later
upstream changes will break it.

I have no idea what the recommended approach is either. Any
kde3/trinity users know? This breaks at least amarok, tellico,
kdemultimedia, and kdeaddons for kde3, so we do need to figure out
something.

(moving to pkgsrc-users)
--
David A. Holland