package views

After reading about Package Views, I invested a few hours in reading about it and collecting the documentation.

According to

pkg_view is still in pkgtools.

Also, Package Views is mentioned on the pkgsrc website and in documentation such as man files and PKGVIEWS_UG.

But after a while, I could not get it working. Then I found that pkg_view is no longer supported:

There is also a short note in CVS:

So I guess it's no longer there. This is not very funny, becauce I invested a day (working hours) in a feature that is no longer supported, although that is not obvious from the documentation / website.

My questions are:
- will pkgviews be supported again in the future? what is the roadmap?
- could someone update the documentation?

Thanks, Evert