Re: Why is pkgsrc ccache in work directory? (Best way to tweak PLIST on version bump)

Benny Siegert <bsiegert%gmail.com@localhost> writes:

> On Mon, Mar 5, 2012 at 19:40, Greg Troxel <gdt%ir.bbn.com@localhost> wrote:
>> /usr/pkgsrc should be able to be read only.
>
> /usr/pkg/libdata/ccache?

That could make sense.  I've been mulling this over in the background
and thinking that it sort of belongs in a WKRDIR kind of place, but one
untouched by clean.  So it's almost like it should be
/usr/pkgsrc/.ccache if that's set, or the WKROBJ prefix and .ccache (so
if /usr/foo/bar/category/pkgname/work was the work dir plan,
/usr/foo/bar/.ccache).

Having thought about this, I can see why having the user choose makes
sense.  So maybe it should just be an error if CCACHE_DIR isn't set, to
force people to think and set it.