Re: Why is pkgsrc ccache in work directory? (Best way to tweak PLIST on version bump)

On Mon, Mar 05, 2012 at 12:38:21PM -0500, Greg Troxel wrote:
> I agree in the work directory is a non-useful place.
> If you have suggestions for a better default, feel free to propose them.

My first instinct was to look at ~/.ccache because that was what I learned
when I came across ccache.

Why not leave it like that? Why have it separate for pkgsrc?

If indeed there is a reason, may be /usr/pkgsrc/cachedata/.ccache or
something like that. Don't know how good it sounds as nobody will be used
to seeing it so.

Mayuresh.