Re: pkgsrc cross compiling

> I've always used pkgsrc to compile apps, and thought it would be fun
> to make this process more automated.

> Information on architecture cross compiling is quite sparse.  I found
> one chap who did it on FreeBSD
> and I tried adapting his methodology, but have had little success.

Have a look at

I hope you'll find help.  With a help of pkgtools/distbb you can build
cross bulk builds where build host dependencies are built and installed
automatically. In addition to normal bulk build setup you have to do the
 - aplly patch from here
 - build cross toolchain
 - prepare mk.conf for target architecture.
 - set TARGET_PACKAGES, TARGET_MAKECONF variables in distbb.conf

Best regards, Aleksey Cheusov.