Re: pkgsrc cross compiling

> I've always used pkgsrc to compile apps, and thought it would be fun
> to make this process more automated.

> Information on architecture cross compiling is quite sparse.  I found
> one chap who did it on FreeBSD
> http://lists.freebsd.org/pipermail/freebsd-embedded/2008-May/000456.html
> and I tried adapting his methodology, but have had little success.

Have a look at

http://mail-index.netbsd.org/tech-pkg/2011/11/18/msg007996.html

I hope you'll find help.  With a help of pkgtools/distbb you can build
cross bulk builds where build host dependencies are built and installed
automatically. In addition to normal bulk build setup you have to do the
following:
 - aplly patch from here
  http://mail-index.netbsd.org/tech-pkg/2011/11/19/msg008003.html
 - build cross toolchain
 - prepare mk.conf for target architecture.
 - set TARGET_PACKAGES, TARGET_MAKECONF variables in distbb.conf

--
Best regards, Aleksey Cheusov.