Re: Anyone have firefox working on i386?

I am running firefox 8.0nb2 (from pkgsrc head) on NetBSD/i386 5.1_STABLE
(head of netbsd-5), and have been running various firefox 4-8 versions
along the way, with relatively little trouble.

I do get the 'failed to create drawable' message.  I also find that
depending on what kinds of web pages I look at firefox gets huge (1G)
but with a smaller RSS, and then it gets very slow, so I kill and
restart it.

I use this on machines with X server from pkgsrc and from base, on
boring intel 845 or 915 chipsets.

So I wonder if there is some fancier X option in your card and firefox
is trying to use it and failing, and if turning off things in your x
config would help.