[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index][Old Index]
Re: isync vs offlineimap
On Thu, Feb 09, 2012 at 11:37:46PM +0530, Mayuresh wrote:
> Are there any isync users who can provide feedback about its stability
> etc.? Also, if anyone has tried out both isync and offlineimap, please
> share relative experience.
I now have mbsync/isync installed for some accounts. The man page is good
enough to get one going with configuration.
While I have just started using it I can state the following comparison
points with offlineimap:
- I find the control over sync process to be much more fine grained than
- The concepts of Store, Account, Channel etc. are very elegantly kept
- There is no fuss like blinker light and dozen other UI options
offlineimap had. (This may be a plus or minus depending or one's UI
- Change history shows isync to be more stable, though will be able to
comment on this only after a long term usage.
- If you are a pkgsrc user, you will find offlineimap lagging a lot behind
its latest release though isync to be the latest - may be effect of
change frequency in both of them.
Main Index |
Thread Index |