Re: pkgsrc: distfile fetching issues on a slow connection

Hi,

On Sun, 27 Nov 2011 19:47:24 +0900, Dmitry Matveev
<me%dmitrymatveev.co.uk@localhost> wrote:

Hello,

I have noticed that when I am using a slow 3g Internet connection, some
heavy distfiles are re-downloaded for many times during the standard
"make install clean" procedure. The server could just terminate a
connection, but looks like it is not my case: according to the logs,
file is fetched completely.

A sample log:

     150 Opening BINARY mode data connection for
'qt-everywhere-opensource-src-4.7.4.tar.gz' (220388303 bytes).
     100%
|***************************************************************|   210
MiB   52.95 KiB/s    00:00 ETA

     421 Service not available, remote server timed out. Connection
closed.
     220388303 bytes received in  1:08:43 (52.18 KiB/s)
     ftp: No control connection for command
     fetch: Unable to fetch expected file
qt-everywhere-opensource-src-4.7.4.tar.gz

And then it repeats.

What does the script await from the server after fetching and why it
restarts the downloading even if the file has been fetched completely?

PKG_RESUME_TRANSFERS=YES should help you.

--
OBATA Akio / obache%NetBSD.org@localhost