Re: elinks 0.12 python option

Mayuresh <mayuresh%acm.org@localhost> writes:

> On Sun, Nov 20, 2011 at 10:17:21AM +0530, Mayuresh wrote:
>> The revised patch is here:

>> RCS file: /cvsroot/pkgsrc/www/elinks/options.mk,v
>> retrieving revision 1.11
>> diff -r1.11 options.mk
>> 7a8
>> > PKG_SUPPORTED_OPTIONS+=        python
>> 136a138,144
>> >
>> > .if !empty(PKG_OPTIONS:Mpython)
>> > .include "../../lang/python/pyversion.mk"
>> > CONFIGURE_ARGS+=       --with-python=${PYTHONBIN}
>> > .else
>> > CONFIGURE_ARGS+=       --without-python
>> > .endif
>
> Hello, can someone please guide, how do changes like above move into CVS?
> Do I have to write to anyone? Do I have to file a PR?

Thanks; I have applied the patch.

In theory, you file a PR.  Asking on the list is normal.

When sending patches, the following helps reduce the effort for someone
with commit permission to apply them:

  Format diffs as 'cvs diff -u -N'.

  Include a commit message.

  Explain what you have tested, precisely (OS version, arch, options).
  In this case, things to test are to build it both with and without the
  option using PKG_DEVELOPER=yes.  (That validates that the PLIST is
  correct in both cases.)