pkgsrc generate RPM or DPKG packages

Would you be interested in using pkgsrc build infrastructure to create
RPM packages (with spec files, etc) or DPKG packages (with control,
etc) so you can use the resulting packages with rpm-type tools or
apt-get type tools?

Anton Panev's GSoC project http://addpackageforma.sourceforge.net/ has
added this support. It needs a little more testing, some minor cleanup,
and more documentation. Please let me know if you'd like to try it and I
will make it easy for you: just copy in a single directory and set
PKG_FORMAT to rpm, for example.