Re: pkgin hangs during download phase

On Tue 11 Oct 2011 at 18:13:12 +0200, Rhialto wrote:
> I'll do that! In fact I'll try it as soon as I'm ready to upgrade the
> server. pkgin is a whole lot faster than pkg_chk, which take ages to
> decide what versions there are and what to upgrade. (I'll still have to
> use it to build the packages with pkg_comp, but that is not
> time-critical at all)

Well, it went down in a bit of a whimper. After thinking for a bit,
pkgin thought I did not have enough disk space, and stopped.

I admit the /usr partition is a bit small, but so far it has been
sufficiently big to just update everything I had to the latest version
(using pkg_chk, which involvees first removing everything that is out of
date and then re-adding the stuff I want).

Filesystem        Size       Used      Avail %Cap Mounted on
/dev/wd0g         5.9G       4.7G       899M  84% /usr

Perhaps pkgin can tell us how much space it thinks it needs?
Does it count on first installing new stuff and then removing old stuff,
or how does it calculate the required space?

I think I can try on a third machine, next week, if I remember it then
at least.

-Olaf.
--
___ Olaf 'Rhialto' Seibert  -- There's no point being grown-up if you
\X/ rhialto/at/xs4all.nl    -- can't be childish sometimes. -The 4th Doctor