Re: Compiling pkgsrc Packages with an Alternative libc

On Sat, 25 Jun 2011 02:59:04 +0900, Thomas Cort <>

On Fri, Jun 24, 2011 at 7:39 AM, Thomas Cort <> wrote:
What's the cleanest way to implement compiling against another libc
(is there something that already does this? maybe something cross
compiler related?), and what do we need to do to link against the 2
base system libraries in /usr/netbsd/lib?

I got it working. I ended up writing and
files for the new C library, compat_minix, and minlib. I have a
makefile which determines if the package should be built with the old
minix libc or the new NetBSD based libc. If it's the new libc, it sets
CFLAGS/LDFLAGS and includes the file I wrote
(which in turn includes the other stuff).

What's the knob whether the package should use new libc instead of old minix
For examples, require missing headers, or functions in old minix?

I feel mixed libc usage may not be safe.
What will be happened if package A depend on package B and C,
and B using old libc and C using new libc?

OBATA Akio /