Re: glib2 on NetBSD/i386 3.0 using pkgsrc-2011Q1

On Fri 10 Jun 2011 at 18:47:13 -0400, Justin Sherrill wrote:
> A lot of it is because of plain ordinary work, especially the initial
> work from Joerg Sonnenberger, to make more packages build on
> DragonFly.  The build success rate for the last few quarterly pkgsrc
> releases has been very high - higher than it was historically, if my
> casual memory serves me.

Recently I updated NetHack for DESTDIR support and I noticed some
patches where #if defined(__FreeBSD__) was supplemented with
defined(___NetBSD__). I'd have loved to add DragonFly support too,
except I wasn't 100% sure that __DragonflyBSD__ would be the correct
way. So I left it alone.

In an earlier case, with misc/calibre there were some checks on the
output of /usr/bin/uname. There I was even less sure what DBSD would
have.

Maybe it would be useful to have a small document somewhere in the
pkgsrc documentation that would list, for various pkgsrc-supported
Unixen, what the typical discriminators are. I'm thinking of, as above,
pre-defined preprocessor names, uname with various arguments, and maybe
there are a few more (equivalent but different installation or data
directories maybe?).

pkglint could possibly even check patches to see if they add __NetBSD__
and if so, if they mention __DragonflyBSD__ (or whatever is correct)
too.

-Olaf.
--
___ Olaf 'Rhialto' Seibert  -- There's no point being grown-up if you
\X/ rhialto/at/xs4all.nl    -- can't be childish sometimes. -The 4th Doctor