Re: glib2 on NetBSD/i386 3.0 using pkgsrc-2011Q1

Hi all,

> I'm tring to install glib2, getting the following compile errors:

<snip>

> Is this pkg no longer supported in 3.0?

3.0 is quite old. It doesn't suprise me that nobody is testing this old
version, anymore. That makes me wonder how packages and patches are tested. Are
committers only testing them on their plattform and commit if they work there?

On linux and solaris things break much too often. It's no fun upgrading
packages. Right now, essential things like firefox don't build on intel/linux.

Wouldn't it make sense to ask (or force?) committers to test packages and
patches in VMs for operating systems that are easy to set up such as intel
linux and intel open solaris? How about setting up a build farm of various
plattforms and require commits to successfully build on these machines?

 Stefan

--

Scotty: Captain, we din' can reference it!
Kirk:   Analysis, Mr. Spock?