Re: Fwd: 'C++ preprocessor "/lib/cpp" fails sanity check' while making sysutils/py-notify

On Mon, Apr 25, 2011 at 10:01:47AM +0200, Xianwen Chen wrote:
> I had a look and it turned out /usr/bin/cpp was pointing to
> /usr/pkg/gcc34, though I have removed gcc34 earlier yesterday. I
> removed /usr/bin/cpp and reinstalled comp.tgz. However, /usr/bin/cpp
> didn't show up. Is it contained in some other package?

For the archives (and as you already noticed off-list): yes, it is in
base.tgz. IIRC, cpp is considered usefull beyound C developement (and
used to be needed in some parts of NIS setup or similar things).

Martin