Clueless

Good Day;
I have been trying for weeks to properly install kde4 from pkgsrc and so far have been unsuccessful. I am using the stable branch of kernel, tools, and userland originally downloaded as tarballs then updated using CVS from anoncvs.netbsd.org. pkgsrc is 2010Q4. The kernel and tools have built without error. modular Xorg and most of the packages I use have built without error. I am using icewm right now. The graphics card is an ATI x2900 using the radeonhd driver.

#>uname -a
#>NetBSD rainey 5.1_STABLE NetBSD 5.1_STABLE (KERNEL_032411-$Revision: 0.003 $) #0: Fri Mar 25 20:52:49 CDT 2011 michael@rainey:/usr/obj/sys/arch/amd64/compile/KERNEL_032411 amd64

I have built, installed and done 'make update' in /usr/src/pkgsrc/x11 - kdebase4/kdelibs4/kde-runtime4/kde-workspace4 and qt4/qt4-tools several times and they too have - lately - built without errors.

$>cat ~/.xinitrc
$>exec icewm-session
    # exec wmaker
    # exec kde4

/var/log/Xorg.0.log has given me no indication of what might be wrong.

I have removed /usr/obj and /usr/tools a number of times and recreated them before new tool and kernel builds. Guides, mailing lists, and Google so far have yielded few clues.
Konsole and KWrite work :)

Thank You,

Michael