Re: recompiling pkgsrc

On Fri, Mar 04, 2011 at 09:19:23PM -0800, Stefan Schaeckeler wrote:
> I have upgraded the system compiler and want to recompile all pkgsrc packages
> with it. How do I do this considering the package versions are still the same.

There is no particular support for this, quite like for opsys updates.

Here's a method to get rid of everything and install it again:

"pkg_chk -g" will give you a list of all installed packages in
/usr/pkgsrc/pkgchk.conf.

Delete everything:
pkg_delete -r *

Delete all binary packages:
rm /usr/pkgsrc/packages/All/*

Install everything, continuing on errors:
pkg_chk -ak

Check what was missed:
pkg_chk -a

A better method would be to use the pkgchk.conf file as input for a
(p)bulk build. I.e. delete or move away the binary packages, make a
limited bulk build using the pkgchk.conf file generated above and
install from binary packages when the bulk build is finished. This
very much reduces the downtime.
 Thomas