k3b woes

I have had a play around with k3b using the version in wip which works with
kde4 (k3b-1.69.0alpha4) This was a little while back and I had a few problems
with it reading music cd's where it would loop indefinately after reading the
last track (dvd's where fine). This was reproducible over several systems.

I did manage to get the latest version (2.0.2) compiled with only minor
adjustments - this required a later version of gettext than that provided
under NetBSD 5.1 or pkgsrc and patch-af as per the wip version. I installed it
under /usr/local and it worked fine.

Sadly I upgraded my pkgsrc this week to fix another problem and decided to
build all the applications I use from scratch. This was, in hindsight, a
really stupid move as now compiling k3b ends in tears or it fails to work :-(

The 2.0.2 version from /usr/local failed to find any cd/dvd devices - its like
something has stopped it groking hald - all other kde4 apps are OK so I
wondered if it was a library mismatch and recompiled it again. Sadly the
behaviour remained. The 'wip' version bombed out in compilation as it couldn't
find qplatformdefs.h, despite the fact that this exists in the correct places.

Could some kind soul look at upgrading the k3b in pkgsrc or wip to 2.0.2 and
gettext to a compatible version (0.18.1). I guess the version of gettext in
the system base isn't going to change from 0.14.1 as the later versions are
GPLv3+. I suspect something is going on with the newer (2.8.4) cmake, but it
seems beyond my ability to spot/fix the problem.

Cheers,
Dave

Phone: 0780578435
WWW:   http://www.liv.ac.uk/~dtyson