Re: xmms alternatives

On 19 February 2011 15:01, Thomas Klausner <wiz%netbsd.org@localhost> wrote:
> There's a big up-to-date comparison of audio applications at
> http://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/ubuntu-linux-audio-software,2856.html
>
> Not all of them are in pkgsrc, and not all that are work
> (e.g. audacious currently just blackscreens me).
> However, perhaps it gives you some ideas of other applications to try
> out :)

The page does not seem to list mpd (Music Player Daemon,
audio/musicpd), which I nevertheless enthusiastically recommend,
together with audio/ncmpc as the primary client (install audio/mpc
too, for convenient command-line management).  audio/sonata used to be
a nice graphical front-end to mpd, while it worked (maybe it still
does, but I borked it locally by trying to force it to use python
2.6).

Pouya